Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Lessons Of Sex And The City


I discovered that Time Warner cable has finally done something good for me, and I may now forgive them for all their past wrongs against me, particularly for the cable guy that took 6 months to come.

Why the sense of forgiveness? The "On Demand" function has an HBO On Demand channel where I can watch all the old episodes of Sex And The City whenever I want! And man, are those episodes more relevant to my life than ever before.

I've turned into a 30-something single gal with my profession in shambles and totally lost in love. I have a group of great friends who are moving forward in their lives, our friendships are inevitably changing, and I'm feeling somehow left behind in the single girl world of loserdome without house, husband, or child ... not even a furry animal to take comfort in.

But I do have Sex And The City! The best lesson? If I'm 35 and still alone, I'm totally registering for shoes ... really great Christian Louboutin shoes ... lots of them. And maybe some spas. And maybe a "honeymoon" fund so I can celebrate love for myself while on an African safari in Zimbabwe.

No comments:

Post a Comment