Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Sanctity Of Marriage ... Is CRAP.

Now that gay marriage has become a hot topic given the latest state laws officially recognizing gay marriages, the cuckoos are out in full force. My biggest gripe with these traditionalists? Their need to change the conversation so that they become the victims.

Um, last I heard, I don't know many gays going around bashing heterosexuals. But, I do hear lots of stories of discrimination and violence perpetuated against the LBGT community. Sorry, when the majority starts to whine and cry about other people reaching equality status, I just don't feel bad ... not in the slightest.

And the idea that gay marriage is gonna somehow threaten "traditional" marriage? Uh, hello ... isn't the divorce rate way over 50%? Let's be real; heterosexuals were and are destroying the sanctity of marriage all on their own ... no need to get any help from the LBGT community in this arena. Some lady on Hardball with Chris Matthews today was yapping about how the definition of marriage is going to change forever for everyone ... DUH. Of course its gonna change! That's the point of legally recognizing gay marriages. As for the religious nuts, give me a fricken break. There's something called separation of church and state friends ... I know this concept has been lost somewhere along the way, but if the church wants to engage in state and public affairs, they have to abide by those damn secular man-made laws ... praying to God will not avoid those pesky taxes. Trust me, I've tried and the IRS apparently doesn't answer to God.

Sorry for the diatribe, but this issue totally makes my blood boil. I just don't see how recognizing gay marriages to give legal status for gay couples is going to somehow strip me of my right as a woman to marry a man. Oh right! It doesn't! Maybe it makes too much sense that its hard for people to comprehend?

No comments:

Post a Comment